Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crashing Waves

Because our room was just above these rocks, we would listen all night to the sound of waves crashing as the tide came in. So I made sure I got the opportunity to paint these during the day. My favorite part is the little section of sand at the foreground and I think I started to get the curling wave correct. Of course, the darn thing wouldn't stand still so this was more an interpretation than anything else. Looking at it more, I realize my ocean isn't lying flat in the background. So I probably should have managed that transition a bit better. Oh well, I can still hear the waves.

1 comment:

janice said...

Beautiful job on the rocks. And the curl of the forward wave looks so realistic-I can almost hear the waves crashing, too! If you clean up the horizon and make it flat, your ocean will probably behave and recede better.