Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grape Leaves #3 (in process)


Okay, this is the one I've been working on today. I decided to do it all in black and white so I could be sure to nail the value pattern. I also decide to make it about the leaves, not the grapes. This is feeling much better. I'm still struggling with how to handle the grapes, because I want them to be secondary, but right now they are somewhat in limbo.
Also, I started adding the veins to the leaves and I really like how that is working, but I don't want to overdo it. Right now it is too subtle. I think I will do that big front leaf more boldly (bigger value contrast) for the veins and do the top leaves more quietly.

1 comment:

katherinemp said...

Hi Kaaren....Fantastic...I love it...I would love to talk
to you before you do much more...do another instead.
The grapes are a wonderful CONTRAST in shape!Mom