Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SCVWS Annual Show Sponsor Award!


Well, I guess I have a good reason to finally get back to updating my blog. Sunday was the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society's Annual Show and Reception and I was fortunate enough to win a Sponsor's Award! Christopher Schenk, a nationally recognized watercolor artist, was the juror for the show. He made these comments on my painting, "A traditional still life handled with great delicacy. The soft edges and quiet feeling give the painting its appeal."


It was a lovely day and it felt very good to be recognized amongst such wonderful artists. I really appreciated having my husband and parents there to support me as they have always done. And it was a nice surprise to have my friends Teresa Day and Cindy Wolverton come to the show and reception as well.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Congratulation, Kaaren!
It is a lovely painting. It was nice to see you yesterday at the paint site.

janice said...

Yippee, Kaaren! I was so happy on Sunday to see you recognized for your beautiful painting...and I'm happy to see you back in the blogsphere!

Pixel Pattie said...

you deserve it! Congrats! We are proud of you

Watercolor Wendy said...

Hurray! You're awesome!